Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Artifacts and Curiosities

Here is a list of all the old stuff I have tucked away online in various sundry virtual nooks and crannies.

I know that there are some people out there who download this stuff, despite the rather uneven quality of the recordings. Oh there is so much I didn't know back then!

So if you are feeling brave or foolhardy or just curious, follow these links to my old material graciously stored by the  internet archive.org

What follows are my first attempts at creating sound constructions. Maybe one day I will come back and rework them. In the meanwhile you can listen to them in their original raunchy, noise encrusted forms. I know that at least somebody likes them, because they get downloaded occasionally. These brave souls who do this have my warmest regards!

Messages in a Bottle

My very first experiment, using  my super sophisticated  Henri Mancini nylon string guitar (originally purchased for about 20 bucks at a flea market so my daughter could take lessons) with some added voices by me and  my wife, all re-scrambled using Nero Wave editor. In "Glass Tonality"  I also made use of a souvenir of my US Army sponsored trip to Bavaria. It is a beer glass from the Toering Brewery, complete with a picture of the founder, Ignaz, Baron of Toering, wearing his powdered wig, heavily embroidered waistcoat and silk sash.
As for the sound, my apologies if this all sounds less than professional. I'm still learning.
There are three constructions here, which explore the hidden spaces within perception, the body and in relationships. I wrote a poem for each one of the constructions to give some sense of what I was going on with me as I worked.
Track Listing: 
1)Glass Tonality 2)Interior Designs 3)Words and Laughter
For downloading or streaming go HERE

Here are the Poems: 

Glass Tonality
This is the sound of truth
Clarity in glass
Direct awareness
A crystal chime
A radiant mirror
A waking dream
A troubled sleep.
It is slavery by perfection
In the bureaucratic maze.
It is freedom won not by
Tranquil contemplation
But…
By anger management.

 Interior Designs
Life is a code spoken in subtlety
Being is permutations in energy
Membranes are the threshold.
From where comes the inwardness?
Within the blue room, you find destiny
The orange room, fire bold
In the white room you awake in blessedness

 Words and Laughter
I ask for your aid
With a brief melody
You toss your hair
And laugh graciously.
At first I am not aware
How you cut like a blade.
The labyrinth of doubt
Opens beneath my feet.
Everywhere all about
On wires tenuously drawn
Messages entreat
Like vivid scenes at dawn
Or owls at night
In mysterious flight;
Water flowing out of sight
Through midnight caves
Caressing eyeless life
That yearns not for light
But knows all in liquid waves.
I remember…
Love’s union and harmony;
And still…
Jealousy’s sinister chemistry
Grows the labyrinth
Exponentially;
Until your laugh again
Restores the joy of day.
  

Embryonic Movements       at the Center of a                     Galaxy

                      
 For my next audio affliction I offer you, gentle listener, an hour long cosmic concoction.
Once again, using my highly sophisticated, advanced, uniquely modified and revolutionary Alberto Mancini Nylon String Guitar (last used to bang a CIA operative over the head in Havana, some time during the Revolution) and assisted by my ever ready side kick Nero, I laid down an hour  of banging, gurgling and vibrating which reminded me of...well you know...embryonic movements in the heart of a galaxy.
For streaming or Downloading go HERE:
Waxing philosophical which I often do at such times, I contemplated the recursive relationships between the super giant and super tiny structures of our universe, and realized that while there is certainly an intelligence to the universe, it most likely operates without what we know of as thought, but by simple thoughtlessness and interpenetration. What would happen if the embryo at the center of the Galaxy felt a nervous tingle, or some intestinal gas? Absentmindedly, I twirled a dust bunny between my thumb and index finger as I pondered this weighty matter. The dust bunny was not amused.
Then I wrote this little poem to accompany the construction:

Embryonic Movements at the Center of a Galaxy
Horizon stretch reach
Dream sound flame
Peace endless echo
Here everywhere nowhere
Now never
Rush of neurons liquid spinal
Gravity electricity
Particles planets
Intestinal rumble
Fire exploding sun
Forever law of thought
Never awake
Scream
Truth no limit
Many one one many
Peace dream
Mommy?

No comments:

Post a Comment